Institution Description:The Beijing Arbitration Commission (BAC), established in 1995, is one of China's foremost non-profit arbitration organizations. The BAC offers services in arbitration, mediation, and other alternative dispute resolution procedures. As of November 2013, The BAC has accepted a total of 21,709 cases involving parties located worldwide. Please check www.bjac.org.cn for further details.
Internship Description:An internship with the BAC will provide candidates with the opportunity to practice what they have learned thus far in the course of their legal education, as well as to broaden and improve their knowledge about Chinese dispute resolution mechanisms and legal practice. Tasks assigned to interns will primarily consist of the following:
- Accomplishing reading and translating/editing tasks, and then filing a preferred research direction prior to the internship.
- Taking part in the administration of the arbitral process including case acceptance, pre-hearing activities, attending arbitration hearings, and case management.
- Conducting voluntary mediation upon the parties' consent.
- Assisting the BAC Secretariat (case managers) with other tasks such as organizing seminars, reviewing documents, and drafting reports.
- Performing research and culminating the internship with a presentation related to a self-confirmed researching topic at the end. (optional)
Length of Internship: Open all year, but SUBJECT TO THE BAC'S ARRANGEMENT. A length of two months is recommended.
Stipends and Benefits: This is an unpaid internship, although the BAC will provide a moderate lunch subsidy for interns.
- Mandarin speaking and listening/reading comprehension is required.
- A resume and letter of recommendation is required.
- A brief cover letter is recommended.
Primary Contact: Mr. Xu, Jie: email@example.com Tel.:+86 10-65669856-330
Miss. Li Mi: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +86 10-65669856-364